HomeDublin

FAGANS

146 LOWER DRUMCONDRA ROAD, & 4 VICTORIA LANE & PREMISES ATTACHED, DRUMCONDRA, Dublin

Pub details

Address
146 LOWER DRUMCONDRA ROAD, & 4 VICTORIA LANE & PREMISES ATTACHED, DRUMCONDRA
County
Dublin
Eircode
D09 YR83
Licence reference
N0145

Building and heritage

Fagan's is an attractive Edwardian public house prominently sited at the busy junction of Drumcondra and Botanic roads and is dated 1907 in a confident Art Nouveau script. The building was constructed by contractor William Connolly & Sons to designs by Dublin architect George O'Connor and it was licensed in 1907 to Mr Fagan. It is characterized by tall narrow proportions, with the main corner block attended by lower subservient wings to the rear that, despite some renovation works, contribute to the building's presence. The building is enhanced by the retention of a good traditional...

From the record · Verified background

What the archives say

Independent reporting and heritage records on this pub, drawn from a curated list of Irish news outlets, Revenue Commissioners, NIAH, and the Dictionary of Irish Architects. Every claim links to its primary source.

Listing history

Revenue's renewed-liquor-licence register lists licence ref N0145 as a Publican's Licence (7-Day Ordinary) for FAGANS at 146 LOWER DRUMCONDRA ROAD, & 4 VICTORIA LANE & PREMISES ATTACHED, DRUMCONDRA in DUBLIN CITY with BLUEWAVE TAVERNS LIMITED as licensee.[1]

NIAH records Fagan's as a Regional-rated Edwardian public house dated 1905-1910, built by William Connolly and Sons to designs by George O Connor and licensed in 1907.[2]

Sources  (2)
  1. Revenue Commissioners · Register of Renewed Liquor Licences · 2026-05-08
  2. NIAH · Registry entry, ref. 50130171 · 2026-05-12

Reviewed pub lore

Local notes

Established

Built between c.1905 and c.1910.

Architecture

Fagan's is an attractive Edwardian public house prominently sited at the busy junction of Drumcondra and Botanic roads and is dated 1907 in a confident Art Nouveau script. The building was constructed by contractor William Connolly & Sons to designs by Dublin architect George O'Connor and it was licensed in 1907 to Mr Fagan.

Community memories

Stories from people who know this pub

Loading community memories…

Know this pub? Add a memory