Established
Built between c.1830 and c.1850.
17 ANGLESEA STREET AND 24/25 TEMPLE BAR BASEMENT AND GROUND FLOOR AND, THE EXTENSIONS TO AND ADJOINING THE FIRST AND SECOND FLOOR, Dublin
Temple Bar was named after Sir William Temple and his son Sir John Temple who acquired the land between the River Liffey and Dame Street in the seventeenth century. The area was fully reclaimed and developed by the early eighteenth century and became a mixed residential and commercial quarter. Commercial directories record a grocer and spirit dealer here, owned in the 1840s by Thomas Hunt, and in the 1890s by Thomas Murphy, indicating a continuity of use for over one hundred and seventy years. This building retains much of its early form and fabric, with timber sliding sash windows...
Reviewed pub lore
Established
Built between c.1830 and c.1850.
Architecture
Temple Bar was named after Sir William Temple and his son Sir John Temple who acquired the land between the River Liffey and Dame Street in the seventeenth century. The area was fully reclaimed and developed by the early eighteenth century and became a mixed residential and commercial quarter.
Community memories
Loading community memories…