Established
Built between c.1875 and c.1885.
31 BACHELORS WALK AND, 1 AND 2 WILLIAMS ROW (BACHELOR INN), Dublin
Bachelors Walk was laid out c.1680 as an extension of Ormond Quay, with the building of residences starting in the early 1700s by wealthy merchants. This late nineteenth-century building terminates the lower scale terrace before it rises to the scale of OConnell Street. It retains its decorative brick detailing and a highly elaborate pub-front, which adds to the appeal of the quayside on this prominent site overlooking OConnell bridge and the River Liffey.
Reviewed pub lore
Established
Built between c.1875 and c.1885.
Architecture
Bachelors Walk was laid out c.1680 as an extension of Ormond Quay, with the building of residences starting in the early 1700s by wealthy merchants. This late nineteenth-century building terminates the lower scale terrace before it rises to the scale of OConnell Street.
Community memories
Loading community memories…