Established
Built between c.1815 and c.1825.
16 TRINITY STREET, Dublin
Occupying a prominent position at the junction of Meath Street and Thomas Street, this well-proportioned building has been used in the past as two separate businesses. It was originally built as a pair as a Wide Streets Commission improvement in a typically restrained style with substantial accommodation over the commercial ground floor. The Dublin Street Directory of 1862 lists no.47 as the property of John and William Wardell, grocers and provision merchants, and no.48 as occupied by Bouchier, Bailey & Co. trimming merchants, while in more recent times it was in use as a grocer's shop...
Reviewed pub lore
Established
Built between c.1815 and c.1825.
Architecture
Occupying a prominent position at the junction of Meath Street and Thomas Street, this well-proportioned building has been used in the past as two separate businesses. It was originally built as a pair as a Wide Streets Commission improvement in a typically restrained style with substantial accommodation over the commercial ground floor.
Community memories
Loading community memories…